- Watch List
- Paul Hornung
- Louisville Sports Commission
2010: Week 1
Paul Hornung’s Most Versatile Performances of the Week
Week 1 (games played the week ending Sept. 6, 2010; released Sept. 8, 2010)
• East Carolina’s Dwayne Harris had seven receptions for 121 yards and two touchdowns in a 51-49 win over Tulsa on Sept. 5. He also added six yards rushing on two carries along with 47 return yards.
• Rutgers’ Brandon Bing had four tackles and blocked two punts, including one that was returned for a touchdown in Rutgers’ 31-0 victory over Norfolk State on Sept. 2.
• Boise State’s Austin Pettis scored the game-winning touchdown against Virginia Tech in Boise State’s last minute 33-30 win in front of 86,587 fans at FedEx Field. Pettis also blocked a punt, returned a punt and caught TD pass early in the game.
• LSU’s Patrick Peterson set a school record with 257 return yards, including an 87-yard punt return for a touchdown. The starting cornerback notched five solo tackles in 30-24 win over North Carolina at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.
• Tulsa’s Damaris Johnson had a big day with 56 yards rushing on seven carries and a touchdown along with four receptions for 51 yards on Sept. 5 in a 51-49 loss to East Carolina. He also had 192 return yards to finish his day with 299 total yards.
• Oregon's Kenjon Barner ran for 147 yards and four touchdowns and had a 60-yard touchdown reception in a 72-0 win over New Mexico on Sept. 4. He finished with 225 all-purpose yards.
• TCU’s Jeremy Kerley posted six catches for 49 yards and a touchdown in a 30-21 win over TCU on Sept. 4. He added five kick returns for 105 yards and three punt returns for 42 yards. He finished with 196 all-purpose yards.
• Troy’s Jerrel Jernigan had five carries for 58 yards and a score, six catches for 40 yards, three punt returns for 34 yards and two kick returns for 61 yards. He finished with 193 all-purpose yards in a 30-27 win over Bowling Green on Sept. 4.
• Kentucky's Randall Cobb rushed four times for 80 yards and was 1-for-1 for 19 passing yards in a win over Louisville on Sept. 4. He also caught two passes for 19 yards as a receiver and held for placements.