- Watch List
- 2012 Winner - Tavon Austin
- Paul Hornung
- Louisville Sports Commission
2011: Week 2
Paul Hornung Award’s Weekly Honor Roll
Week 2 (2011, through games on Sept. 10, 2011; released on Sept. 12, 2011)
• Kansas’ D.J. Beshears had seven receptions for 70 yards with two touchdowns, one carry for 18 yards on an end-around and seven kickoff returns for 197 yards in a 45-42 win over Northern Illinois on Sept. 10. With nine seconds remaining in the game, Beshears caught the game winning touchdown reception after setting up the drive with a 51-yard kickoff return. He finished with 285 all-purpose yards.
• Georgia’s Brandon Boykin had seven kick returns for 184 yards, two carries for 14 yards, two tackles and an interception in a 45-42 loss to South Carolina on Sept. 10. Boykin saw action on offense, defense and special teams for the second straight game.
• Florida International’s T.Y. Hilton had seven receptions for 201 yards and two touchdowns in a 24-17 win over Louisville on Sept. 9. Hilton added two punt returns for 67 yards to finish with 268 all-purpose yards and help FIU to its first ever win over a team from a BCS automatic-qualifying conference.
• Oregon’s LaMichael James had 12 carries for 67 yards with a touchdown, two receptions for 56 yards with a touchdown and one punt return for a 58-yard touchdown in a 69-20 win over Nevada on Sept. 10. In all, James had 181 all-purpose yards and scored three different ways.
• Arizona State’s Jamal Miles caught six passes for 50 yards with two touchdowns, ran for 13 yards on two carries and threw one pass for a 35-yard touchdown in a 37-30 win over Missouri in overtime on Sept. 9. Miles added three punt returns for 27 yards and a kick return. Miles’ touchdown reception in overtime became the game-winning touchdown after the Sun Devils stopped Missouri in overtime.
• Toledo’s Eric Page had 12 receptions for 145 yards with two touchdowns, one carry, one punt return for eight yards and two kick returns for 65 yards in a 27-22 loss to Ohio State on Sept. 10. Page also completed a pass on a two-point conversion.