- Watch List
- 2012 Winner - Tavon Austin
- Paul Hornung
- Louisville Sports Commission
2011: Week 7
Paul Hornung Award’s Weekly Honor Roll
Week 7 (2011, through games on Oct. 15, 2011; released on Oct. 17, 2011; addition made on Oct. 19, 2011)
• Georgia’s Brandon Boykin ran the ball one time and returned four kicks for 72 yards in a 33-28 win over Vanderbilt on Oct. 15. On defense, Boykin had five tackles, an interception and also a pass breakup in the win. Boykin’s interception in the end zone snuffed out an early Vanderbilt drive.
• Clemson’s Sammy Watkins had one carry for 33 yards, eight receptions for 105 yards with two touchdowns, one punt return and five kick returns for 207 yards with an 89-yard touchdown in a come from behind 56-45 win over Maryland on Oct. 15. His 345 all-purpose yards broke C.J. Spiller’s school record. When Clemson coach Dabo Swinney was asked about the victory he replied, “We had Sammy Watkins."
• San Jose State’s Chandler Jones, a Los Angeles native, was the only player in FBS to score a touchdown three different ways last week. His three scores were key in San Jose State’s 28-27 win over Hawaii on Friday, Oct. 14. Jones scored twice in the second quarter on a 20-yard run and a 23-yard fumble recovery for touchdown off a Hawaii kickoff.