- Watch List
- 2012 Winner - Tavon Austin
- Paul Hornung
- Louisville Sports Commission
Duo from the Big Ten Earns Paul Hornung Award Honor Roll Selection
Running Backs from Nebraska and Indiana Make List for First Time
Louisville, KY – Monday, November 4, 2013 – Nebraska’s Ameer Abdullah and Indiana’s Tevin Coleman were named the Paul Hornung Award Weekly Honor Roll following the 10th week of the season.
The Paul Hornung Award, presented by Texas Roadhouse, is awarded annually to the most versatile player in major college football. The winner and his family will be honored January 28, 2014, at a banquet presented by KentuckyOne Health at the Galt House Hotel in downtown Louisville.
Fans can participate in the selection process by voting online as often as once a day for their favorite player on the Paul Hornung Award Watch List at votepaulhornung.com. Fan voting, powered by Texas Roadhouse, makes up the 17th vote for the Hornung Award; a national selection committee comprised of 16 sports journalists and former NFL stars will select the winner in early December.
Week 10 Honorees:
Nebraska running back Ameer Abdullah rushed 24 times for 127 yards and added three receptions for 31 yards all on the game-winning drive, including a 16-yard catch and run to convert 4th-and-15 as Nebraska defeated Northwestern 26-23 on a last second Hail Mary play. Abdullah added two kick returns for 39 yards to finish with 197 all-purpose yards. Abdullah pushed his season rushing total to 1,108 yards, the second straight season he has rushed for more than 1,000 yards.
Indiana sophomore running back Tevin Coleman reached the end zone for the 10th time in eight games this season with a 55-yard rush in the fourth quarter as the Hoosiers stormed back from a 22-point deficit and fell short 42-39 to Minnesota. He finished with 108 yards on 14 carries for his third career 100-yard rushing game. He also had a pair of receptions for 51 yards and 22 kick return yards for 181 all-purpose yards. Coleman has scored at least one rushing touchdown in every game this season.
Past Paul Hornung Award Weekly Honor Roll Selections
- Week One: Odell Beckham Jr. (LSU), B.J. Catalon (TCU), Christion Jones (Alabama).
- Week Two: Odell Beckham Jr. (LSU), Shilique Calhoun (Michigan State), Tramaine Thompson (Kansas State), Trey Watts (Tulsa).
- Week Three: Marion Grice (Arizona State), Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M), Jeff Scott (Ole Miss), De'Anthony Thomas (Oregon), Trey Watts (Tulsa)
- Week Four: Antonio Andrews (Western Kentucky), Jamison Crowder (Duke), Jameon Lewis (Mississippi State)
- Week Five: Antonio Andrews (Western Kentucky), Marion Grice (Arizona State)
- Week Six: Dri Archer (Kent State), Duke Johnson (Miami), Ty Montgomery (Stanford), Loucheiz Purifoy (Florida)
- Week Seven: Josh Huff (Oregon), Ty Montgomery (Stanford), Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M)
- Week Eight: Michael Campanaro (Wake Forest), Marion Grice (Arizona State)
- Week Nine: Antonio Andrews (Western Kentucky), Jameon Lewis (Mississippi State), Tommylee Lewis (Northern Illinois)